Hello fellow Bioinformaticians,
we are looking for new team-members with a high interest in developing methods, tools, pipelines for data processing and analysis. We have a great team-spirit and challenging projects in early drug discovery.
If you have any question about the positions, Evotec or the #DarkSide, please send me a message!
At our subsidiary in Goettingen, the Bioinformatics teams are looking to grow with several
Bioinformaticians (f/m/d, full-time and permanent)
Our Goettingen based teams are embedded into a global community of about 70 bioinformaticians and computational biologists.
Your key responsibilities
Within our team, we cover a wide range of responsibilities and expand in all of those areas:
- We establish and maintain analysis workflows around various Transcriptomic and Genomic assays including RNA-Seq, ScreenSeq, single-cell RNA-Seq, Whole-Exome- and Whole-Genome-Sequencing, and SNP Arrays
- With these workflows, we generate data sets with thousands of samples requiring the development of new algorithms and tools for the analysis
- These developments contribute to the evolution of our successful PanHunter Data Analysis platform by advancing its scientific core
- All work is executed in close collaboration with wet-lab and project scientists, interpreting these data to generate knowledge about gene function and compound activities in various disease areas
- Master’s degree or PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, biology, math, physics, or related natural science discipline Experience in one of the following areas:
- Analysis of hundreds to thousands of RNA-Seq samples
- Single-Cell RNA-Seq or Spatial Transcriptomics data analysis and methods
- Genomic Sequencing or Genotyping Analysis
- Algorithm and Method development in the context of any other omics technology
- Software virtualization and container management
- High performance computing and system administration
- A keen interest to apply your programming skills for the development of robust and efficient data analysis workflows in the context of our data analysis platform
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools and understanding of common bioinformatics algorithms
- Knowledge of software development methodology (version control, testing, documentation) is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- Fluency in English is required
- A position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- 30 days of annual holiday, capital forming benefits, flexible working hours, holiday pay, annual variable bonus payment, and in-house canteen
To apply, please check our Career page and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application.