The University of Oslo is hiring a Coordinator for the Norwegian Earth BioGenome initiative
A two year position is available at EBP-Nor at the Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis (CEES), Department of Biosciences, University of Oslo.
From the original job announcement:
The position is associated with the newly established project “A Norwegian BioGenome initiative: the initial launch phase” (EBP-Nor), funded by the Research Council of Norway (RCN). EBP-Nor is a national consortium – led by the University of Oslo (Department of Biosciences, Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Synthesis [CEES]). The consortium includes the large universities of Norway (UiO, NMBU, UiB, NTNU, Nord Univ. and UiT), research institutes as well as private organizations. The ultimate goal of EBP-Nor is to sequence and assemble the genome of all eukaryotic species in Norway. Within the launch phase, EBP-Nor will establish the protocols and analysis tools for sequencing a selected number of species (around 150) to a high quality reference genome standard (chromosome length assemblies).
- Coordination of EBP-Nor genome activities in Norway and relevant international projects
- Arrangement of meetings and workshops
- Logistics and coordination of conferences/symposiums
- Logistics and coordination of training
- Responsible for outreach activities
- Maintaining web presence (both websites and social media)
- Assist project leader with reporting and project economy
The following qualifications are required:
- Relevant education (Biology or another related field) from university or college, minimum equivalent to bachelor level. Other relevant competence may replace the educational requirement.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English is required (preferably a Scandinavian language as well).
The following qualifications are desired:
- Experience with arranging conferences
- The candidate should be competent at presenting different material clearly for reports and presentations
- Knowledge of genomics, and in particular long-read sequencing and methods for genome assembly
- Knowledge of, or participation in, diversity genomics projects such as Earth Biogenome Project or European Reference Genome Atlas
- Knowledge of sampling procedures and DNA isolation
- Candidates holding a PhD degree will be desirable
Please see the original announcement on Jobbnorge for more information and to apply.