This company, is a growing innovative biotech who are passionate about developing next-generation protein therapeutics using machine learning. With some great contacts and strong expertise, you can rocket your career and join a company who are genuinely interested in YOU as well as your applications to the science they are working on.
You will deliver scientific and technical leadership to the data science team, including creating the vision and strategy for data science and bioinformatics in partnership with the leadership team, and supporting their biotherapeutic drug development programmes. The ML-driven drug discovery platform relies heavily on this role. Focused on developing predictive models of function and developability characteristics through thorough research of the protein fitness landscape. Their goal is to develop drugs that are effective, safe, and beneficial to patients' lives.
The Data team helps us decide which tests to undertake and which protein variants to test. From target selection through drug discovery to pre-clinical development, data science has a lot of potential in the biotherapeutic discovery process. Currently, they are concentrating on computational biology and machine learning for antibody therapies discovery and lead optimization. They employ machine learning to extract patterns from proprietary and public data that the human mind is unable to recognise or interpret, allowing in-silico evaluation of compounds that have not been empirically tested, greatly expanding screening capacity.
You will work with their outstanding team of scientists and engineers to deliver ambitious internal and partner drug discovery programmes, contributing to a future where AI quickly creates breakthrough, life-enhancing biotherapeutics.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, provide scientific and technical leadership to the data science team, including developing the vision and strategy for data science and bioinformatics.
- With other top scientists across the organisation, communicate and drive consensus on this strategy and plan.
- Utilize your skills in immunoinformatics and/or structural biology to lead the team in developing new approaches for predicting protein function and developability, which will be used to speed up their biotherapeutic discovery programmes.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve the platform and promote innovation by staying current on bioinformatics advances, standards, tools, and technologies.
- Mentor the rest of the data science team in computational biology, machine learning, statistics, communication, and the other skills they'll need to succeed in their jobs.
- Speak at conferences and collaborate on business development and fundraising as an outward-facing advocate for data science.
- A PhD or equivalent experience in bioinformatics or machine learning with an emphasis on immunoinformatics, protein engineering, or structural biology is required.
- You've worked as a leader in a data science or bioinformatics team, partnering with management to set strategy and develop implementation strategies, for example.
- You've worked in a drug development environment and used computational biology tools and methodologies to tackle a variety of complicated biological issues.
- Statistics and systematic exploration are how you see the world.
- You establish high standards for communicating data-driven insights in a clear and actionable manner.
- You're an excellent communicator who works well with both specialists and non-specialists, and you're at ease giving presentations to executive teams, partners, and at conferences.
- You have experience with structural computational biology, such as predicting protein-protein interactions and/or developability.
- You've studied immunological repertoires in either academic or industrial settings.
- You've contributed to the creation of a data-driven culture by providing your co-workers with the knowledge and resources they need to use data in their daily work.
- Competitive salary
- Enhanced bonus scheme
- Long term incentives
- Relocation package
- 25+ days holiday
- Relocation package
- Clear development pathway
- Senior, strategic, role
Following your application Erin Blank, a specialist recruiter will discuss the opportunity with you in detail. She will be more than happy to answer any questions relating to the industry and the potential for your career growth. The conversation can also progress further to discussing other opportunities, which are also available right now or will be imminently becoming available.
This position has been highly popular, and it is likely that it will close prematurely. We recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Please click ‘apply’ or contact Erin Blank for any further information
Erin P. Blank
Senior Consultant – EMEA
Email: eblank (@) barringtonjames.com
Where is the job located?
According to Linkedin:
So guess it is London, UK (unless there are many more bridges of that name)
Who knows, but yes, probably you are right :).