From within Python, I want to be able to query BioMart to return a list containing information about genes and their homologs:
- Source species - Stable Protein ID
- Source species - Gene name
- Source species - Protein sequence
- Target species - Stable Protein ID of homolog
- Target species - Gene name of homolog
- Target species - Protein sequence of homolog
For example, say I was to input :
dataset = "Ensemble Genes 107" target_species_dataset = "Elephant genes (Loxafr3.0)" homolog_query = "Human"
How do I feed that into BioMart so that it spits out the six parameters I listed earlier?
Thanks so much in advance if anyone can help!