The Cruchaga lab is a multidisciplinary team working at the forefront of personalized medicine. The goal of the lab is to understand the biology of neurodegeneration by using high-dimensional omic data and functional genomic approaches.
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to work directly with the center director. The Program Manager will be responsible for the oversight and administration of multiple research projects progress report and manuscript writing, and publication, coordination of the activities of a multidisciplinary team. The Program Manager will be also responsible for coordination of program activities, including national consortia projects and local projects. The Program Manager will be responsible for content development for grants, manuscripts, and program web pages.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Holds responsibility for day-to-day activities of the Cruchaga lab.
- Assists with drafting, writing, editing, and galley-proofing of progress report abstracts and article for publication.
- Composes annual report for the lab, maintains content for the center website and social media.
- Supervises support staff and advises senior faculty in personnel management or internal policy.
- May prepare and maintain minutes from meetings, formal voting procedures, and committee activity related to proposals, ensuring follow up on decisions made.
- Provides planning and coordination of meetings and schedules various events and/or training.
- Establishes/enhances various contacts’, and contact with other centers and research groups to facilitate collaboration and exchange of information.
- Participates in project review meetings and report preparation and analysis.
- Provides budgetary management to the program.
- PhD degree in genomics, genetics, molecular biology, neuroscience or related subject with five years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience totaling nine years.
- Excellent administrative skills in a high pace environment.
- Experience with biomedical research or neurodegeneration research, advantageous
- Significant experience with word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, database management and internet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple assignments with various levels of priority in an evolving environment.
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV to Dr. Carlos Cruchaga ( cruchagac at wustl.edu )