Clinical genomics at UCSF Health is growing! We’re looking for a bioinformatics programmer to support two growing clinical genomics laboratories that run gene panels, exomes and rapid whole genomes. Remote work is supported.
- Developing processes and pipelines for moving genomic data between instruments, servers, and cloud-based analysis and storage applications.
- Monitoring data management processes, trouble-shooting errors, setting failure alerts and communication plan to stakeholders for updates, maintenance, and failures.
- Account administration of cloud-based accounts used to process and store genomic data.
- Support the development, programming, and maintenance of Sapio LIMS (and other LIMS) systems, including:
- Programing and maintaining new LIMS workflows.
- Providing support and maintenance including problem analysis and resolution, end-user report modifications and updates, planning, testing, and upgrades to system.
- A degree in Bioinformatics or related fields.
- Experience in state-of-the-art bioinformatics data processing pipelines for a range of next-generation sequencing technologies.
- Ability to develop robust and secure software architectures for processing clinical patient data with new software technologies and techniques.
- Experience in analyzing sequencing data for gene panels, whole-exome, whole genome and ability to judge data quality and to investigate, diagnose, and fix problems in all these test types in a production environment.
- Managing clinical HIPAA-sensitive data, maintaining the highest standards of data security in processing, storage, and stewardship.
- Experience in Java programming.
- Experience in Python and Bash programming in an HPC cluster environment.
- Bioinformatics pipeline programming in a cloud environment, such as AWS.
- Experience in programming relational databases such as PostgreSQL.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at https://www.ucsf.edu/about/working-ucsf. Follow the links to Employment Listings, then search for job requisition 69966BR.
Direct Link: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/Home?partnerid=6495&siteid=5861#jobDetails=3361127_5861