Thinking of doing your PhD in the Life Sciences? The International PhD Programme (IPP) on Gene Regulation, Epigenetics & Genome Stability is offering talented, young scientists the chance to work on cutting edge research projects. As an IPP PhD student, you will join a community of exceptional scientists working on diverse topics ranging from how organisms age or how our DNA is repaired, to how epigenetics regulates cellular identity or neural memory.
The programme is coordinated by the Institute of Molecular Biology (IMB) — a modern research centre located on the bustling campus of Mainz University in Germany. With a population of 200,000, of which about 40,000 are students, the city of Mainz is charming and open-minded and is within easy reach of cosmopolitan Frankfurt, the Rhine valley region with its castles, vineyards, and nature reserves, and the equally picturesque cities of Wiesbaden and Heidelberg. With Frankfurt airport – one of the largest airports in mainland Europe – only 20 minutes away, countless European and overseas destinations are within easy reach.
What we offer:
• Exciting, interdisciplinary projects in a vividly international environment, with English as our working language
• Advanced training in scientific techniques and professional skills
• Access to our state-of-the-art Core Facilities and their technical expertise
• Fully funded positions with financing until the completion of your thesis
• A lively community of more than 190 PhD students from 44 different countries
Are you an ambitious, young scientist looking to push the boundaries of research while interacting with colleagues from multiple disciplines and cultures? Then joining the IPP is your opportunity to give your scientific career a flying start! We seek enthusiastic applicants with a special interest in Computational and Molecular Biology for projects ranging from basic to translational research.
• Master or equivalent
• Interactive personality & good command of English
• 2 letters of reference
For more details on the projects offered and how to apply via our online form, please visit www.imb.de/phd.
The deadline for applications is 19 November 2022. Interviews will take place at IMB in Mainz on 16-18 January 2023 Starting date: 1 March 2022 – 1 July 2023