This role is based onsite in Redwood City, California
We are seeking an exceptional machine learning and bio computation scientist to join our machine learning team. This group performs research and development of novel computational and bioinformatics methods for proteomics and contributes both to the core technology of our unique platform, and to downstream biomedical insights through integration of large-scale proteomics and functional genomics cohort data. The driving focus of this team is to advance the ability of proteomics to deliver large-scale and robust measurements that can be leveraged for biomedical insight.
Seer’s new ML scientist will be empowered to drive methodology development applied to our large-scale mass spectrometry-based proteomics data and demonstrate impact in core measurements and downstream analyses. The ideal candidate will have a PhD or equivalent industry experience and a track record of accomplishments in academia or industry. The successful candidate is likely to have a background in machine learning and/or computational biology with substantial experience in functional genomic or proteogenomic data analysis.
Responsibilities and Goals
The Machine Learning group is focused on prototyping new computational products for the proteomics marketplace. This position will require:
- Research, design, and development of Seer’s computational proteomics technologies
- Application of methodologies to internal and external data to demonstrate impact
- Close collaboration and alignment with cross functional teams, and staying current with research and best practices in pertinent areas of ML, deep learning, functional genomics and proteomics
Background and Qualifications:
- The successful candidate for the position must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or industry. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to operating with the highest level of integrity. Key requirements include:
- BS + 2+ years, MS with 1+ years of R&D experience or PhD in relevant field
- Strong ML background with extensive experience with Python and common Python Machine Learning frameworks (g., sklearn, pytorch, etc.)
- Expertise in software (C++, C#, Java, or Python) engineering, with ability to understand existing code bases and write high quality efficient code
- Proteomics or genomics background, with ability to work with large-scale data and to develop and deploy bioinformatics pipelines over AWS is a big plus
Apply here: https://grnh.se/017447f44us