We are searching for a highly motivated Ph.D. candidate (m/f/d) in the research group of Dr. H. O. Heyne at Hasso-Plattner-Institut for Digital Engineering (embedded into Chair of Data Analytics and Computational Statistics of Prof. Dr. Bernhard Renard).
- study genetic influences on epilepsy and other diseases
- generate insights and tools with clinical relevance
- work on genetic data (e.g. array or sequencing data) and clinical data (e.g. electronic health records)
- gain expertise in quantitative/clinical genetics as well as statistical and analytical skills
- learn to “science” independently including scientific writing, publishing and presentations
- work with international collaborators (such as at the Finnish Institute for Molecular Medicine (University of Helsinki, FI), Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Health at Mount Sinai (New York, US) and large international consortia)
- teaching activities related to the Master course of “Digital Health” such as co-supervision of Master theses possible
- graduated in (bio-)informatics, life science, statistical or related field
- advanced programming skills are a plus (R/python, others)
- ability to work well independently and in a team
- commitment to transdisciplinary collaborative international research
- excellent communication skills in English
- experience with genetic and clinical data are a plus
- Heyne, H. O. […]. M. J. Daly Nature (in press) 2023
- Heyne, H. O. Medizinische Genetik 2022
- Heyne, H. O. […] M. J. Daly Science Translational Medicine 2020
- Heyne, H. O. […] J. Lemke Nature Genetics 2018.
- 40 hours per week
We are looking forward to receiving your application! Please send it including a motivation letter exclusively per Mail (PDF format) to: Henrike.Heyne(at)hpi.de.
Hasso-Plattner-Institut for Digital Engineering gGmbH, Digital Health Center, Campus II, Rudolf-Breitscheid-Str. 187, 14482 Potsdam