Early bird deadline approaching - 18th September
The Practice of RADseq: Population Genomics Analysis with Stacks (RADS02)
2nd - 6th October 2023, 09:00-16:00 CDT (Central Daylight Time), however all sessions will be recorded and made available daily allowing attendees from different time zones to follow.
Early bird - book before 20th September £350.00 (limited to 20 places)
Normal - book after 20th September £450.00
Delivered by Dr Julian Catchen
Please feel free to share!
About This Course
This course is aimed at introducing researchers to the theory and practice of using reduced representation libraries – such as RAD sequencing – to preform population genomic analysis in non-model organisms. The course will center on running the software pipeline Stacks, focusing on how the characteristics of the underlying molecular libraries result in weak or robust analytical results. Sessions will be live online, consisting of a blend of lectures, interactive demonstrations, and lab practicals, where participants will have the opportunity to ask questions throughout. Computation will be done on the Amazon AWS Cloud.
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Navigate the UNIX file system, execute commands, and interact with bioinformatic data files;
- Understand how to perform a de novo analysis – without a reference genome – including parameter optimization;
- Understand how PCR duplicates and other molecular library characteristics affect analysis;
- Complete a reference genome-based analysis;
- Take the outputs from Stacks to complete a Structure analysis (de novo), a genome scan based on FST(reference-based), and a private allele analysis.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ONLINE COURSE – Multivariate Analysis Of Ecological Communities Using R With The VEGAN package (VGNR05)
- ONLINE COURSE – Path analysis, structural equations and causal inference for biologists (PSCB01)
- ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to generalised linear models using R and Rstudio (IGLM06)
- ONLINE COURSE – Quantitative analysis of infrared spectroscopy data for soil and plant sciences (SPEC02)
- ONLINE COURSE – Introduction To Mixed Models Using R And Rstudio (IMMR07)
- ONLINE COURSE – Model selection and model simplification (MSMS04)
- ONLINE COURSE – Data wrangling using R and Rstudio (DWRS03)
- ONLINE COURSE – Machine Learning with R (Intermediate – Advanced) (MLIA01)
- ONLINE COURSE – Data visualization with ggplot2 using R and Rstudio (DVGG04)
- ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to Time Series Analysis using R and Rstudio (ITSA02)
- ONLINE COURSE – Introduction to Machine Learning using R and Rstudio (IMLR02)
- CURSO ONLINE – Introdução a Modelos Lineares Generalizados usando R e R Studio (IGLM07)
- ONLINE COURSE – Movement Ecology (MOVE06)