Biostar 2.0 is now live.
This is the result of quite a few months of work and we hope to have added valuable improvements. We may have bugs and display oddities so please bear with us while we identify and fix them.
The overarching theme is that of providing better search and navigation and improved tracking of existing content.
- users now can follow a post by local messages or via email (previously only users that posted in the thread were notified).
- search is more deeply integrated: there is instant search on the main page and within each thread similar posts are displayed in the sidebar. We found this to be a very useful way to navigate the content.
- the awards now also display the posts that generated them, this is also a great way to find new and interesting content.
- Internally the codebase has been greatly streamlined and simplified. This bodes well for the future of this and other Biostar based sites.
The concept of "user ad" has not been carried over, it is being reworked and will be implemented in a way that is useful to more people.
Fixing login problems
As long as your authentication provider reports the same email that you had on Biostars you should be able to log in directly and be connected to your old account. If you do experience problems do the following:
- let us know which user are you trying to log in
- reset your password from the login screen (forgot password link)
- log in with your new account
- connect the social account from your userpage
If your email is not accessible anymore send us an email (email@example.com).
A general solution is to use Mozilla Persona instead of any other third party authenticator. One can easily set up Persona to authenticate with a very large number of providers. The important thing to remember is to have Persona authenticate via the same email that you used on Biostar