Moderator: Khader Shameer
Director of Bioinformatics, Data Science and Precision Medicine at Philips Healthcare.
Biomedical & Healthcare data scientist at The Dudley Laboratory and Harris Center for Precision Wellness at the Mount Sinai Health System, NY. Also affiliated with the Department of Genetics and Genomics Sciences, and Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology and Icahn School of Medicine of Medicine at the Mount Sinai.
Staff scientist in Personal genomics and Genomic Medicine at Mayo Clinic; Lead bioinformatics and computational genomics of MI-GENES trial (See ClinicalTrials.gov link:NCT01936675) Post-doc leading bioinformatics and genomic data analytics, big data management and research projects for electronic Medical Records and Genomics (eMERGE) and cardiovascular genomics at Mayo Clinic; PhD in Computational Biology / Biomedical Informatics from National Centre for Biological Sciences - Tata Institute of Fundamental Research & Indian Institute of Science. Graduate student at The Computational Biology Group, NCBS-TIFR.
I developed/co-developed/lead the development of the following tools and databases during my graduate school:
- Harmony - Protein structure validation server
- PeptideMine - Identification and analyses of peptides from local interactomes
- FASSM - Function association using sequence-specific motifs
- SEQ2GO: Function annotation of hypothetical proteins using sequence based filtering and domain composition of intermediate homologs.
- PURE: Prediction of Unassigned REgions in proteins