I'm trying to use the software PROVEAN to predict the effect of non synonymous substitutions, but I've got a bug when using my own databases (created with
makeblastdb). No errors are printed out when I create the database, but when I launch provean with my substitution and fasta file, I've got a parsing error like this:
[10:15:48] loading query sequence from a FASTA file... [10:15:48] loading variations... [10:15:48] searching related sequences... [10:15:48] retrieving subject sequence information... [10:15:48] Parsing Error
In order to understand what's wrong, I try to use other dataset. This way, I took all the fungal protein files available in the ensembl website and surprisingly, just half of them make the same error.
I'm wondering if someone else already had the same problem, and/or if someone can give me an advice about this.