Affiliation : Institut Curie - Centre de Recherche – CNRS UMR3664.
Contract type : COD (18), renewable
To start immediately
An engineer position in bioinformatics and biostatistics for high-throughput sequencing data analysis is open at the Institut Curie Paris (http://www.curie.fr). The proposal is a position to collaborate with all groups in the Nuclear Dynamics unit (CNRS – UMR3664, https://science.institut-curie.org/research/biology-cancer- genetics-and-epigenetics/umr3664-nuclear-dynamics/), and bridging with the Bioinformatics platform of the institute (https://science.curie.fr/plateformes/bioinformatique/).
Institut Curie is a world renowned foundation operating a multidisciplinary research center and a hospital specialized in the treatment of cancer. The Nuclear Dynamics unit CNRS – UMR3664 is composed of five teams investigating the mechanisms underlying the stability and plasticity of genetic and epigenetic information in normal and pathological contexts. Groups in this unit employ diverse genomic, transcriptomic and epigenomic approaches to gather a multi-scale view of nuclear organization in several model organisms within a dynamic, gender-balanced environment. The Bioinformatics platform at INSERM U900 provides a support in high-throughput data analysis in close collaboration with the researchers and clinicians of the institute.
The offered position is dedicated to bioinformatics analysis on the following research themes:
- The roles of factors involved in chromatin dynamics, genome stability and repair.
- How functional domains of eukaryotic genomes are established and then maintained during development. - How epigenetic plasticity plays a part in controlling the polarity of the embryo.
- How nuclear compartmentalization and dynamics participate in regulating various functions of the genome.
Tools used in the different studies :
- ChIP-Seq: peak calling, chromatin domain calling, nucleosome positioning, statistical analysis, differential analysis, development of pipelines
- RNAseq: clustering/scoring, statistical analysis, differential analysis, Nascent RNA-seq methods
- Other epigenomic methods: Hi-C, MNase-seq, ATAC-seq.
- Define bioinformatics and biostatistics strategy for NGS data analysis towards common and particular needs.
- Analyse, interpret and discuss the bioinformatic results of diverse relevant projects within UM3664.
- Interact closely with bioinformaticians within the Bioinformatics platform.
- Interact closely with biologists within all UMR3664 teams.
- Participate in group meetings, present work to group members.
- Advanced university degree (Masters, PhD) in computer science or bioinformatics.
- Solid experience in bash, R and Python programming languages.
- Good experience in biostatistics (hypothesis testing, exploratory analysis, normalization, differential analysis)
- Good experience in analysis of sequencing data.
- Good working knowledge in genetics, epigenetics and cancer biology will constitute a great plus.
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
Send CV, motivation letter and name/address of referees to : email@example.com