I am interested in a comparing expression of gene_A vs gene_B in a homogenous population. If you don't have the number of samples to do a non-parametric test how would one do a parametric statistical comparison?
My thoughts are as follows:
- Gene length normalisation is essential. TPM (transcript per million) or equivalent.
- Inter-library normalization needed
- Log transormation needed (to make it approx norm distributed)
- Should probably be a paired test
- Variance is most likely different in the different genes
Can one do a paired Welch test?
Do you have other ideas for how to do this?
In advance - thanks!