Did I do this right? Testing efficiency of poly(A) tailing.
0
0
Entering edit mode
2.2 years ago
Morgan S. ▴ 80

Hi there,

I am trying to determine how efficient my poly(A) tailing is. I am using NEB's E.coli Poly(A) polymerase to further add poly(A) tails to RNA from E.coli. I sequenced Total RNA from a sample with and without polyadenylation to compare the efficiency of the tailing. After an initial trimming with TrimGalore to remove adapters and bad quality bp, I did another trimming on the trimmed paired reads where I designated the adaptor sequence as -a {A}10 (10 A's). If this was the right thing to do, then my polyA tailing did not work since both samples had 16% of the reads containing A tails with at least 10 A's. I would just like to know if I did the right thing to find polyA tails in my sequences.

Thanks! Morgan

RNA-Seq polyadenylation RNA bacteria • 622 views
ADD COMMENT

Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 2125 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6