We are proposing a two-year Postdoctoral position in Bioinformatics to investigate the gene regulatory networks controlling OXPHOS gene expression in Drosophila. For this purpose, we will use a multi-omics approach integrating DNA motifs, ChIP-seq and RNA-seq.
This Postdoctoral project is funded by the Turing Centre for Living Systems (CENTURI). Details of the project and host labs can be found here: https://centuri-livingsystems.org/pdp2021-09/
- Application deadline: April 16, 2021 (CET)
- Information: https://centuri-livingsystems.org/recruitment/
- Application form: https://centuri-livingsystems.org/application-form-pdp2021-09/
Mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) is an essential source of ATP for a cell’s energy needs and is a highly dynamic and controlled process during cell differentiation and animal development and its dysfunction drives plethora human diseases and cancer. This project aims at identifying the gene regulatory network that underlies OXPHOS gene expression plasticity, an essential function of tissue development and stem cell differentiation. We have shown that the Drosophila transcription factor, M1BP, is responsible for basal level transcription of OXPHOS genes. The postdoc will integrate multiple "omics" datasets such as DNA motifs, interactomes, ChIP-seq and transcriptomes to predict transcriptional cofactors of M1BP responsible for OXPHOS transcriptional plasticity. These predictions will be validated experimentally using RNAi and ChIP-seq.
The postdoc candidate should have a PhD in bioinformatics, or related field, with interest in “omics” data analyses, genomics and gene regulation. Most of the projet work involves computational manipulation of large and highly multivariable datasets. Wet lab experience is a benefit, but not essential as these techniques are well established in the host lab.
Thank you for sharing this offer with motivated candidates.
- Andrew Saurin http://www.ibdm.univ-mrs.fr/equipe/mechanisms-of-gene-regulation-by-transcription-factors
- Aitor González: https://tagc.univ-amu.fr/en/users/gonzalez-aitor
- van Waveren C, Moraes CT. BMC Genomics. 2008 9:18. doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-9-18
- Shyh-Chang N, Ng HH. Genes Dev. 2017 31(4):336-346. doi: 10.1101/gad.293167.116
- Li J, Gilmour DS. EMBO J. 2013 32(13):1829-41. doi: 10.1038/emboj.2013.111