The Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olsztyn, Poland is looking for three PhD students. The PhD students will be part of an interdisciplinary team of researchers led by Prof. Carsten Carlberg with the goal to investigate the effect of vitamin D and other nutritional compounds on changes of the epigenome and transcriptome of tissues and cell types of healthy and (pre)diseased individuals.
Professor Carlberg has expertise, projects and interests in gene regulation, epigenetics and vitamin D in the context of nutrigenomics, immunology and cancer.
Position description: PhD student positions are available in the laboratory headed by Professor Carsten Carlberg.
Two PhD student positions are open for Bioinformaticians.
Call (part) identifier: H2020-WIDESPREAD-2018-2020-6 (Horizon 2020)
Project title: „Welcoming ERA Chair holder to the Centre of excellence in nutrigenomics to optimize health and well-being”
Location: Poland, Olsztyn, Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research, Polish Academy of Sciences (IAR&FR PAS) https://pan.olsztyn.pl/en
Research Profile: PhD student
The PhD course length: 48 months
Starting date: October 1′ 2022
Scholarship: 1200 EUR
Application deadline: August 28′ 2022 (until 11:59 PM Central European Time zone).
Desired qualifications 1) a master degree in:Bioinformatics or Computer Science with some knowledge in bioscience 2) Basic knowledge in molecular biology particularly RNA-seq, ATAC-seq and/or ChIP-seq 3) Some experience with analysis of high-throughput ‘omics data
- High motivation to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Communication skills for effective interaction with the multidisciplinary cohort of researchers;
- Proactive, motivated, showing initiative;
- Good work organization;
- Fluency in English in writing and speaking;
- Good writing and presentation skills;
- Cover letter describing how they fit the position and their scientific interests and philosophy;
- CV – degrees and other completed courses, work experience and a list of degree projects/theses;
- Degree certificates and grades confirming that you meet the general and specific entry requirements;
- A letter of recommendation with contact information to referee.
- Application documents should be sent to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Application deadline: Aug 28th 2022 (11:59 PM CET);
- Kindly note that only online applications will be accepted;
- Applicants will receive timely communication from the recruitment office to inform them on their status in the recruitment process;
- Please read the list of required documents;
- Please include application form;
- Please include consent to the processing of personal data;
- Only selected candidates will be invited for on-line interview.
Final remarks: Accepted PhD students will be enrolled to IARFR PAS Doctoral School
Institute of Animal Reproduction and Food Research of Polish Academy of Sciences in Olszyn strives to be a workplace free from discrimination and with equal opportunities for all.
You are welcome to apply!