Bioinformatician (m/f/d) (#CFBIO18)
IMB (www.imb.de) is a research institute on the campus of Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz, Germany. It is generously funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. Our research focuses on the biology of the cell nucleus and ranges from the molecular level to organismic, systems and computational approaches. Researchers at IMB are supported by strong core facilities that offer state-of-the-art services in bioinformatics, cytometry, genomics, histology & microscopy, proteomics, and protein production. The Bioinformatics Core Facility is looking for a highly motivated and experienced bioinformatician (m/f/d) to join their team as a staff scientist.
You will join a skilled team of bioinformaticians and become part of the well-established Bioinformatics Core Facility of IMB. You will collaborate with biomedical researchers on multiple innovative projects involving comprehensive analyses and integration of omics data using state-of-the-art bioinformatics methods to answer novel scientific questions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Support IMB researchers and external collaborators in the planning, analysis, interpretation, presentation and publication of diverse NGS and other omics data sets
• Contribute to the development of data analysis workflows and pipelines
• Provide bioinformatics consulting and software training to junior researchers
• University degree (MSc/PhD) and/or advanced training in bioinformatics
• Extensive and broad experience in the computational analysis of NGS datasets
• Familiarity with Linux environment, version control and compute clusters
• Solid programming skills and knowledge of statistical methods
• Profound experience with R and/or Python for omics data analysis
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, fluent English
• Experience in interdisciplinary collaborations or bioinformatics services
• Knowledge of machine learning methods and NGS pipeline development
Why join us?
We offer a stimulating, diverse and international research environment with a pleasant working atmosphere and informal culture. The institute is modern, well equipped and centrally located with good public transport links and parking.
Our offer includes
• Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
• Advanced training opportunities
• Employee events
• Job Ticket
• Flexible working hours
• Hybrid working possibilities
What else you need to know:
• Starting Date: as soon as possible
• Duration: The position is initially available for two years with an option for permanent employment.
• Application Deadline: 15 September 2022
• International applicants: We will assist you through the visa process and also with your application for a residence/work permit after your arrival in Mainz.
Have we sparked your interest?
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing your cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. CFBIO18 to email@example.com . IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Declaration of Consent and Data Protection
By sending us your application, you are consenting to us saving your personal data in order to carry out the selection process. You can find more information on data protection and retention periods at https://www.imb.de/jobs/data-protection.