ProCogia is a data consulting firm headquartered in Vancouver, BC with employees and clients across the United States and Canada. We specialize in Data Operations, Data Engineering, BI & Analytics, Data Science & Bioinformatics across a broad range of industries including Telecom, Pharma, Biotechnology, Retail, Logistics, Technology, Financial Services, Media & non-profit. We are a technology agnostic firm giving us a client first, independent approach towards delivering our Data solutions.
We’re a diverse, close-knit team with a common pursuit of providing top-class, end-to-end data solutions for our clients. In return for your talent and technical expertise, you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits along with ample opportunity for personal development. ‘Growth mindset’ is something we seek in all our new hires and has helped drive much of our recent growth across North America. Our distinct approach is to push the limits and value derived from data. Working within ProCogia’s thriving environment will allow you to unleash your full career potential.
ProCogia has experienced considerable growth over the last two years & core to our culture is maintaining a high-level of female representation throughout the company. Our diversity, and differences allow us to create innovative and effective data solutions for our clients.
We enable our customers to make intelligent and agile decisions through strategically tailored data solutions. We attract, develop and retain diverse, motivated and collaborative team players who love what they do.
The Bioinformatics Software Engineer Consultant has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Work on an innovative team that provides an interactive genomic data analysis environment with a large stakeholder base
- Influence design, strategy and implementation of new software features
- Maintain and extend an R package that interfaces departmental analytics tools with commercial software
- Integrate new genomic data analysis methods into an interactive analysis software
- Build out capabilities for supporting new next generation sequencing data modalities
- Maintain integrations between front-end software and back-end systems
- Collaborate closely with the support team regarding complex user issues that involve debugging or troubleshooting
The Bioinformatics Software Engineer Consultant should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Masters in bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics or other related disciplines.
- Strong R programming skills (S3, S4, R6 objects)
- Experience working with RShiny and building applications
- Strong code debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience developing R Packages
- Experience with version control systems (Bitbucket, Git, etc.)
- Familiarity with bioinformatics, next generation sequencing, and genomic data analysis & data visualization
- Experience working with REST APIs, complex data structures and data platforms
- Experience with developing CI/CD pipelines
- Ability to present verbally and in writing in clear and concise manner
- Familiar with Agile methodology and tools
- PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics or other related disciplines.
- Experience developing tools, packages, or pipelines in R for bioinformatics workflows
- Knowledge of multi-omics data analysis workflows (e.g. bulk RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, ATAC-seq, CITE-seq, ChIP-seq, WGS, WES, CRISPR screens)
- Familiarity with Bioconductor packages and advanced data structures for genomics
- Experience working in a collaborative development environment
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment using command line tools
Any candidate who may work in Canada will be considered. If you are interested in this permanent, full-time, fully remote position, then please apply at https://boards.greenhouse.io/procogia/jobs/4656640004