note: this is from the lab I work in. Would-be applicants are welcome to contact me with questions about the lab, university and life in the desert. You should, of course, contact Reed Cartwright if you have questions about the position and projects.
The Cartwright Lab at Arizona State University is looking for a postdoc research associate to develop methods and software to detect de novo mutations from next-generation sequencing of related individuals and cells. By studying de novo mutations who aim to learn more about evolutionary processes and genetic diseases.
The Cartwright Lab is part of the Center for Evolutionary Medicine and Informatics (CEMI), a research center in Arizona State University's Biodesign Institute. Research in the Cartwright Lab covers many different questions in population genetics and molecular evolution, at the interface of biology, statistics, and computer science. A majority of our research involves developing, implementing, and applying novel methodologies to study genomic datasets. Members have the opportunity to develop both dry-lab and wet-lab research programs through interactions with both national and international collaborations.
As part of this project, the Postdoctoral Research Associates are expected to be able to:
- Assemble microbial or metazoan genomes from short-read sequences and identify variable sites and regions.
- Develop novel, high-throughput methodologies to study mutations from next generation sequencing of related individuals and cells.
- Work closely with collaborators to customize methodologies to specific experimental designs.
Required Qualifications: Ph.D. in genomics, bioinformatics, or a related field
- Experience working with genomes and evolutionary analyses
- Knowledge of programming languages including R, Python, and C++
- Knowledge of statistical methodologies
- Experience with short-read sequencing
Application must contain:
- Cover Letter,
- Names, email addresses, and phone numbers of three professional references.
Applications are currently being reviewed and will be considered until the job is filled/closed.
To apply, forward one document that includes a cover letter, detailed CV, and names of 3 references to email@example.com. Please put the job title in the subject line of the letter.
Arizona State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. A background check is required for employment.
A pdf of this ad is available at http://cartwrig.ht/postdocs.pdf