We are looking for an experienced Senior Front End Web Developer who has a good eye for design and detail, and an aptitude for tackling user interface and workflow challenges unique to big data analyses and complex scientific workflows. This position will help build out the industry-leading Ingenuity genomic data analysis cloud platform for large scale scientific and clinical data analysis and management. Experience with genomics, bioinformatics and life sciences is strongly preferred, but not required.
A bioinformatics degree is not required for this position, but experience building web-based user interfaces or information visualizations for biomedical researchers, scientists and clinicians is a must.
- Experience working with Java backends a must; Java software development experience strongly preferred.
- Linux command line
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and independently implement MVC sites using Bootstrap or similar frameworks.
- Strong attention to detail and visual design -- please expect to show your portfolio
- Bonus: experience with CoffeeScript, SASS, Django and similar
- Bonus: experience with JS app and visualization frameworks: EmberJS, Angular, Backbone, D3
- You have strong experience with MVC client-side libraries, having done one or more substantial projects with a framework such as Backbone or Ember.
- You've built web applications that involve multiple user roles working together in a multi-step workflow
- You have demonstrated design skills for rich data-driven web apps - please be prepared to show a portfolio
- You've done enough projects to identify what’s missing or unworkable in a wireframe or high-level set of design requirements, and have the basic design and UX chops to improvise when necessary.
- You have strong communication skills and willingness to ask a question. We do not typically assign 100% specced-out tasks that always must be implemented an exact way; you'll be given a business problem to solve for the user, and expected to understand and explore the space of design alternatives to come up with a good solution, using rapid prototyping to test your design hypotheses. Questions will occur and it is important that you be comfortable asking them and chasing down answers.
- You should be comfortable and effective using SASS (or LESS, Stylus, etc.) and know your way around Grunt, Bower, etc. Coffeescript tolerance is a plus.
- You're well-versed in the classic frontend skills as well - you know your meta tags, SEO basics, and analytics / user tracking, and can deal with IE8 etc. should the unfortunate necessity arise.
- You are a strong believer in version control tooling and know your way around git and Github.
- You're resourceful and can pull down a PHP or Ruby project and get running on development the same day.
- You like working with teams on large apps where performance, responsive design and API integration are fundamental concepts that inform your code and architecture decisions.
To Apply to this Position, Please use the following link: http://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_qiagen/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=4573&localeCode=en-us