MDC, BIMSB Bioinformatics platform is seeking an experienced individual to be responsible for linux and HPC user support. The candidate must be experienced with various Linux distributions (at least in CentOS and Ubuntu), software installation from source and troubleshooting unix/linux problems. S/he must have also experience with python, perl and shell scripting. S/he must have working knowledge of network storage, hardware, file system management, backup/recovery, IT security concepts and cluster computing (Sun Grid Engine). Some knowledge of windows and Mac OS X will be useful. Candidate will be responsible for ongoing performance tuning, software upgrades, and resource optimization as required. The successful candidate must work independently and efficiently in a team setting and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Previous experience with bioinformatics software will be a plus.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree and at least 1 year of system administration experience, or in the absence of a Bachelor degree at least 4 years of linux system administrator experience required.
- Being able to communicate in English (German knowledge is useful but not required, it is an international environment)
- Experience with various Linux distributions (at least in CentOS and Ubuntu), software installation from source and troubleshooting unix/linux problems
- Experience with python, perl and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of network storage, hardware, file system management, backup/recovery, IT security concepts and cluster computing (Sun Grid Engine)
About Max Delbrück Center, Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology
- The MDC Berlin-Buch is a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers, and its focus is biomedical research in the areas of Cardiovascular and Metabolic diseases, Cancer and Function and Dysfunction of Nervous System. The Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology (BIMSB) of the MDC expands and adds systems biology approaches to decipher the ‘post-transcriptional regulatory code’ and to directly integrate it with other major cellular and gene regulatory mechanisms.
- The campus is located 20 min away from Berlin, Mitte via s-bahn.
- Re-numeration is according to the German TVöD (Bund/Ost), E10-12, based on qualification and experience.
- Excellent social security, healthcare and high quality of life
How to apply
Please submit your application (CV including relevant experience, two reference contact details and degree certificates (diplomas), indicating the registration-number 10493/2014 as a single PDF document by electronic mail to Ms. Sabrina Deter (email@example.com) by 31st July 2014.