ngKLAST provides a convenient way to access and use remote BLAST servers available from NCBI and EBI web servers, as well as NCBI BLAST machines running on Amazon Cloud.
The software provides a graphical front-end:
- to prepare batch Blast jobs in a few steps,
- to annotate hits (features, taxonomy, functional classifications, etc.)
- to monitor execution of multiple jobs,
- to handle work history,
- to filter data with user-defined criteria,
- to visualize reports,
- to export results as XML and CSV files.
In addition, if users have an account at Amazon Cloud Computing Infrastructure to deploy and run the official NCBI BLAST machine, then ngKLAST is fully ready to use that computing service in a very straightforward way.
ngKLAST is available as a free software for users from academic and non-profit organizations.