Functional Bioengineering is a start-up biotech firm aimed at developing a functional genomic tool kit for multi-disciplinary clients involved in applications that range from biofuel optimization to customizing feedstocks and improving yields to terraforming in extreme environments. Through the development of functional genomics data, chemical characterization and leading edge computational biology, we intend to develop a platform for discovery and improvement that will change the way business is done in agricultural biology, renewal energy sources, textiles and nutritional health.
- Work in an exciting multi-disciplinary organization
- Author / implement foundational software layers including scientific workflow and reporting tools.
- Utilize cutting edge software and functional bioinformatics methods (artificial intelligence, RBF Non-Linear Classifiers, Boolean networks, and Bayesian networks, network inference) to identify solutions for complex data processing and functional network inference.
- M.S. /Ph.D. in computer science.
- Experience in the life-sciences tools domain, especially DNA sequencing and analytical chemistry, is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Python, C++ or similar language preferred.
- Experience developing reusable components, automated tests, utilizing formal software development processes, employing best practices.
- Proficiency maintaining software projects under source control.
- Experience with multithreading programming and/or IPC technologies a plus.
- Preference is shown to candidates with strong analytical and development skills who demonstrate solutions beyond the prototype stage for deployment into performance-critical production software. We are especially interested in those with experience using AI systems. Our pattern-matching application will utilize RBF Non-linear classifiers incorporated in the Cognimem CM1K VSLI ASIC processors to develop a functional phenotype-analyte linkage mapping solution.
C. L. 'Buck' Buchanan - 832-922-8822