Join a computational and systems biology group, collaborate with a creative team of scientists and engineers, facilitate basic research and potential innovation in cancer therapy. Design and build solutions to turn complex data into knowledge and to turn knowledge into clinical decision support. Seize the opportunity to work with cutting-edge scientific information and apply it to make a positive impact on science and health.
We are looking for an experienced, flexible software engineer to work in the area of biological information systems with particular emphasis on cancer genomics, perturbation biology, evolutionary dynamics and pathway informatics. Technical challenges include visualization and complexity management of big data, horizontal and vertical data integration, extending data systems to accommodate new types of information, extracting biologically meaningful functional events from numerical data, processing information from natural text and building web-based data analysis platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or a related field and 2+ years of software development experience
- Strong interest in designing and developing complex, evolvable software systems
- Strong interest in contributing to biological research with clinical applications
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively in a creative team
- Experience in modern software development technologies including distributed versioning systems, continuous integration, and project management
- Experience in user interaction design and data visualization
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
- Prior involvement or interest in bioinformatics or cancer genomics
- Good verbal and written communication and documentation skills
Send resume and statement of interest to Chris Sander (bemis at cbio dot mskcc dot org; subject: cbioengineer) with a copy to Emek Demir (demir at cbio dot mskcc dot org).
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is dedicated to the progressive control and cure of cancer through programs of patient care, research and education. MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified persons are encouraged to apply. We offer an excellent salary and comprehensive benefits.