Position: Postdoctoral Fellow - Cancer genomics
Description: A Postdoctoral Research Opportunity is available at the University of California, San Francisco, in the laboratories of Boris Bastian and Iwei Yeh.
We are looking for an outstanding bioinformatics scientist who is proactive, independent and collaborative. Our group focuses on defining histopathologic and genomic subsets of melanoma and understanding their genetic evolution. The team includes molecular biologists, bioinformaticians, oncologists and pathologists and we work together to improve diagnosis and treatment of melanoma. The fellow will take a lead role in key aspects of projects and will need strong motivation, intellectual independence and an impeccable work ethic.
- Analyze next generation sequencing data, including whole genome and RNA-Seq data.
- Develop methods and software to improve analysis of next generation sequencing.
- Integrate genetic data with biologic knowledge and clinical data.
- Outstanding programming skills in multiple languages, such as R, Perl, Python, Java, C++, and Unix shell scripting.
- Excellent track record of analyzing next generation sequencing data.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics, bioinformatics concepts, methods.
- Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Documented track record of scientific achievement.
PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, cancer biology or a related field.
Interested and qualified candidates, please submit a letter of interest and CV to Dr. Iwei Yeh at firstname.lastname@example.org