The Center for Translational Neuromedicine at the University of Rochester Medical Center in Rochester, NY has an immediate opening for a Senior Bioinformatics Analyst/Programmer. The successful applicant will provide bioinformatics support for ongoing and future research across multiple projects related to in vitro and in vivo models of neurological disease in a large and dynamic laboratory. This is a full-time long-term position.
Experience with microarray and RNA-Seq data analysis is necessary. Applicants should have a Bachelor's degree in bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics or similar field (Master's degree preferred). Interest or previous experience in neuroscience a plus. Additional desired qualifications:
- Strong mathematics/statistics experience
- Experience with analysis of gene expression datasets and other array- and sequencing-based assays
- Experience working in both Windows and Linux environments
- Experience with standard tools/resources of bioinformatics and molecular biology (NCBI, Ensmbl, BLAST, etc)
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as R, Python, and Shell
- Strong English communication and writing skills, as well as demonstrated ability to provide reports and presentations on results from analyses
The Center for Translational Neuromedicine engages in groundbreaking research toward development of novel therapies for neurological disease. The CTN is composed of two laboratories, each with a long publication history in top scientific journals. The University of Rochester is a leading research university, and offers competitive benefits including health and dental insurance, 403b (401k equivalent) account, tuition benefits, and more. Rochester NY has been rated one of America's most livable cities based on low cost of living and short commute times.
Please apply directly through the University of Rochester recruiting system (Posting ID 189667)
This position is still open; I just modified the post to include more information. Hope that helps!