The right job isn't about location or benefits or responsibilities. The right job is about personality, character, motivation, fulfillment. It's about what inspires us, what we're passionate about.
At Fluidigm, we're passionate about life. Exploring it, studying it, sustaining it, living it. We make biotech tools that enable our customers and ourselves to seek truth in applied life sciences. To push limits and envision ever more creative answers to "what if...?"
Naturally, we're also passionate about people, especially the ones we work with. We know that the right people in the right positions can do amazing things, and we love helping that happen. In this newly created role, as a Product Manager, Marketing -Bioinformatics Software to join our marketing team. And if you're the right person, we'd like to make you a deal:
- Create and implement product vision, direction, and business plans, including product plans, user stories, product migration and evolution, and product life cycle and retirement for our software portfolio
- Deliver conceptual and evolutionary product plans that meet measurable benchmarks of customer satisfaction and will exceed customer expectations for flexible and exciting functionality and user interface
- Will leverage your past experience leading cross-functional productization teams in order to rapidly take new innovative products to market
- Develop business rules and requirements specifications for products, including effective product and user interface design, rapid prototyping, product validation testing, and usability testing
- Build strong organizational relationships across R&D, support and field teams, with keen attention to detail and timelines
- Have fun, be fully engaged and promise to have a life beyond "work"
- Deliver superior compensation, benefits and opportunities for career growth
- Engage you in a dynamic and rewarding company culture
- Support you in your ongoing development and contribution both as an employee and a person
- Value your contribution and enlist your feedback
- Host excellent company-wide events multiple times a year
- Offer onsite yoga classes, massages, randomly free and good food, friendly greetings, gym equipment and, seriously, a lot more
You must have:
- An advanced degree (M.S./PhD) in a life science (molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry preferred), with relevant work experience from a four year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-8 + years of experience in a profession related to gene expression and/or sequence analysis. Experience as a laboratory manager or technical support in a molecular biology laboratory is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in product development and management
- Hands-on experience with the complex analysis and interpretation of the massive amounts of data that next generation sequencing can generate
- Professional presentation and communication skills that can educate, excite, and engage an audience