The Integrated Biologics Profiling Unit (IBP) evaluates new therapeutic protein candidates at the transition from research to development, and creates cell lines for expression and manufacturing of these compounds. As a bioinformatics expert, the candidate will interact with the different functions in IBP and partner groups, and support cell line generation and developability assessment of biologics with state-of-the-art bioinformatics processes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive IBP's data management strategy in close collaboration with partner research and development groups. Ensure translation of data into knowledge
• Ensure availability of adequate bioinformatics tools, including NGS-based transcriptome, genome and targeted sequencing analysis
• Self-reliantly drive development of new methodologies for automated sequence and structure/homology model analysis of proteins, and create prediction models, e.g. in the field of physico-chemical parameter prediction or in silico immunogenicity prediction
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
• Master or PhD degree in bioinformatics, structural biology, biostatistics or equivalent, as well as knowledge of biological sciences.
• At least 2 years of hands-on experience in the bioinformatics field (academic or industrial).
• Excellent knowledge of protein sequence and structure analysis.
• Experience with NGS raw data analysis, alignments, and knowledge of programming languages (preferentially Python, Java, Perl) is preferred. Knowledge of biostatistics would be of advantage.
• Profound inter-personal skills ensuring close collaboration with multiple teams, communication with internal and external partners, and the ability to work in international teams. Ideally experienced in working in matrix environment.
• Proficiency in English (oral and written), German of advantage.