Position available within a Clinical Pharmacology/ Pharmacogenomics laboratory at the University of Chicago for a Postdoctoral Bioinformatics Scholar or Staff Scientist. Our laboratory focuses on the pharmacogenomics of drug response in cardiovascular medicine and hepatic drug metabolism in minority populations. The ideal candidate would have a good understanding of RNA-seq analysis, differential gene expression, eQTL analysis, and statistical genetics. This is a exciting and fast moving field with opportunities to interact and collaberate with faculty in statistical genetics, cancer biology, gastroenterology and cardiology.
Requirements for the position include a Ph.D. in a genomics, computational biology or related fields.
- Strong programming skills (Python, Perl, MatLab)
- Experience with genomics data analysis required.
- Skills and experience with a variety of next generation sequencing data types is required including gene expression analysis using RNA-Seq and exome/genome data analyses.
- Prior experience working with large-scale datasets using high performance computing environments is desirable.
- Ability to train others.
- Knowledge in bioinformatics or computational biology required.
- Skills in statistical analysis required.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Organizational skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A strong work ethic and commitment to timely delivery of results is essential.
- Proficiencies in word processing, spreadsheet, database software, power point, statistics and other software use in scientific research analysis are required.
US citizens or permanent residents preferred, but not required.
University of Chicago is a not-for-profit organization that integrates research with clinical practices and education in multi-campus environment. We offer an attractive benefit package. Salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience.
learn more about our lab
Applications, including curriculum vitae and bibliography, summary of past accomplishments, and 3 signed reference letters, should be sublimed to the folioing job posting.
or emailed to:
Minoli Perera Pharm.D, PhD.
Department of Medicine
University of Chicago
900 E. 57th St
Chicago IL, 60637