International Research Center for Medical Sciences (IRCMS http://ircms.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/) was established in 2014 as a Center of Excellence at Kumamoto University (Kumamoto, Japan) for the purpose of promoting life sciences. Biomedical Informaticians at IRCMS shall support and advance multidisciplinary programs in immunology, retrovirology, stem cell, cancer biology and ageing research. Key areas will be applying state of the art statistical and computational methodologies to biological problems and analysing ‘big data’.
- Successful candidates should have a Ph.D. in the field of biomedical informatics, bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology or a related field.
- Demonstrable skills in high-dimensional and longitudinal data analysis, data modelling, statistics, data integration and visualization.
- Programming skills (Perl, Python) and experience in R/Bioconductor and other analysis packages.
- Visualization and presentation of complex data sets
- Good communication skills to collaborate and explain computational/statistical concepts to biomedical scientists.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. conferred by December 2015.
- Develop methods and frameworks to analyze new data generated IRCMS scientists. Key areas are analyses of ‘big data’ including Next Generation Sequencing (NGS), microarray data and CYTOF data analysis.
- Adapt/apply existing and/or develop new data analysis, visualization and computational protocols and pipelines.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a CV with cover letter and statements of research achievements and plans by November 30, 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries should be sent to chris\AT\iscb.org or masafumi\AT\kumamoto-u.ac.jp.
IRCMS − http://ircms.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/
Kumamoto University − http://ewww.kumamoto-u.ac.jp/en/
Kumamoto − http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/regional/kumamoto/kumamotoshi.html