Golden Helix is a leader in genetic software tools and services. We’re known for developing high-end genetic analytics software to enable and empower the genetics research and translational genomics community. Our business is growing, creating the need to expand our team.
We are looking for an extroverted technical software engineer and product manager to bridge the technical and business worlds by managing and building out Golden Helix’s bioinformatics products. If you have software and bioinformatics expertise, love building user-centered products, and want to work at a company where you’ll have a major impact, this could be the right career for you.
With your experience in bioinformatics, including next generation sequencing based clinical informatics pipelines, you will report to the VP of Product and Engineering and will be responsible for interfacing with both end-users and partners to understand and define requirements and implementation strategies for existing and custom software products and services. You will be managing project schedules, balancing time, cost and scope with your understanding of the technical complexity and value-driven priorities of product features. In addition to product and project management, you will also be a hands-on software engineer, developing core product features that leverage your biological/genomic background. You will become an expert in command line bioinformatics tools (such as bwa, htslib, freebayes, picard, etc.) to lead custom integration projects.
You will develop an expert-level understanding of Golden Helix’s products, and give scientific presentations and webinars on our products and market best practices, as well as provide occasional training and software demonstrations to prospects (about half of your time will be spent communicating with end-users, stakeholders, and customers via phone and webinar). As a voice of the company, you will also generate content for marketing, including blogs and e-news articles.
The qualifications for this role include:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in computational biology/bioinformatics, biostatistics, computer science, mathematics, or related fields. Academic focus on analytical methods outlined above or equivalent practical experience. Domain knowledge related to next generation sequencing preferred.
- Experience in the analysis and annotation of large “-omics” data sets.
- Programming experience, including experience developing scalable algorithms in Python, R, C++, or Java. Fluency in standard bioinformatics tools, Python, and R preferred.
- Familiarity with relational databases and Linux system management.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with experience managing collaborations, including those with technical teams, clinical or academic stakeholders, and internal peers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, as demonstrated through publications and presentations. Must speak, read and write fluent English.
- Excellent creativity, decision making, and troubleshooting skills.
- Occasional overnight travel required.
This is a Full Time position located in our Bozeman, MT office. Must be willing to relocate (relocation assistance provided). Generous benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, 401(k), and bonus incentives. Must be authorized to work in the US (no sponsorship available).
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding position with a fun and exciting company, please send your CV to email@example.com. No cover letters please – just tell us in your email about how your experience qualifies you for the position.