GNS Healthcare is a precision medicine start-up located in Cambridge, MA. We are looking for an energetic and creative team member with background in CS, Math, Statistics, Bioinformatics, or a related quantitative field with experience and interest in biological and bioinformatics applications.
As a senior member of this team, you would be responsible for start-to-finish work on biological datasets. Your work would involve predictive and causal modeling using both in-house and off-the-shelf tool, with responsibilities ranging from data cleanup and import through statistical analysis to report-writing, in-person presentations to clients and collaborators, and scientific communications to journals and conferences. Other expectations of team members include willingness to help other team members and ability to travel (<5%).
Mad ping-pong skills are optional.
- Experience manipulating large datasets in R, Matlab, or Python (R a strong plus). Familiarity with efficiency considerations.
- Experience with statistical inference and machine learning. Experience with multivariate linear and GLM modeling a plus
- Basic understanding of molecular biology
- Interest in pushing the envelope
- Ph.D. with 2-5 years of experience or strong recent graduate, with concentration in life sciences, mathematics, physics/biophysics, statistics/biostatistics, bioinformatics, or computer science
- Exceptional MS-level candidates will be considered
- Bioinformatics and/or biostatistics experience
- Knowledge of one of the statistical programming languages. Experience with R and Bioconductor preferred
- Familiarity with the UNIX and cluster computing environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Must take a short statistical screening test or request a waiver based on strong background (must look at the test first and be ready to discuss concepts from the test over the phone)
Our philosophy at GNS is simple: we cannot transform healthcare with anything less than an all-star team. We are seeking smart, driven people who are experts in their field, have track record to success and a passion for creating change. We believe that strong teams supercharge the performance of individuals, create a fun and dynamic workplace and great results for our clients and the people they serve.
GNS offers competitive salaries, stock options, vacation, health and dental insurance for employees and their families, life insurance, long- term disability and a 401(k) plan. EOE
No phone calls or Recruiters, please.
You can apply here: