Post Doc (m/f) - Computational Biology
Perspective for highly motivated scientist with PhD / doctoral degree in bioinformatics or computational biology (m/f)
- Job ID: 40042315 BC 11/15 2
- Career Level: Entry Level & Graduates
- Location: Germany, Baden-Württemberg, Biberach
- Function: Research & Development
- Schedule: Full-Time
Take responsibility as a Post Doc (m/f) and combine your very good knowledge and practical skills in computational and molecular biology. You like to work in multidisciplinary teams and you are capable to translate bioinformatics expertise into high impact biomedical research within the drug discovery and development process in Biberach an der Riß. The position is initially limited for 2 years.
- You work at the interface between the Computational Biology & Genomics Group and BI's Therapeutic Areas for Drug Discovery (Cardiometabolic Research, Central Nervous System Research, Inflammation & Respiratory Research, Immune Modulation & Research Beyond Borders)
- You generate and present results from our bioinformatics pipelines (NGS mRNASeq, Target Reporting, Gene Prioritization, etc.) to internal customers and external collaborators
- You develop strategies to fill gaps in the computational biology tool portfolio of BI
- You apply genomics data from e.g. next generation sequencing (NGS) experiments for target and biomarker discovery, model characterization & compound profiling.
- You will represent the Computational biology team in interdisciplinary drug discovery projects of BI
- You will publish results and new workflows in peer-reviewed journals and at scientific congresses
- You hold a PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, molecular biology or biochemistry.
- You have excellent knowledge and good understanding of both: molecular biology & applied bioinformatics
- You ideally have good programming skills (at least two of: Perl, Java, Python, R) and are experienced in using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- You have a deep knowledge and practical experiences with bioinformatics tools and databases (sequence analysis, resources at NCBI & EBI)
- You know how to deal with large datasets (e.g. from next generation sequencing applications and gene/protein interaction networks)
- Your fluency in English both in writing and in speaking will enable you to act in an international working environment
- You are characterized by a focused working style, flexibility as well as innovative thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- You are a reliable team player with excellent organization and communication skills, and with a high degree of motivation
Boehringer Ingelheim is a research-driven pharmaceutical company and one of the top 20 pharmaceutical firms worldwide. Headquartered in Ingelheim, Germany, Boehringer Ingelheim operates globally in over 100 countries and has more than 47,700 employees. The focus of the family-owned company, founded in 1885, is researching, developing, manufacturing and marketing new medications of high therapeutic value for human and veterinary medicine. In 2014, Boehringer Ingelheim achieved net sales of about 13.3 billion euros. R&D expenditure corresponds to 23.1% of its net sales.
For further information please contact Recruiting Services: Karina Vögtle, Tel. +49 (0) 7351 54-4533 or for technical questions Operating department Dr. Simon Eric (+49 (0) 7351-54 94883)
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. We embrace all aspects of diversity and inclusion which benefit our employees, patients and communities.
We look forward to receiving your online application in English - please enter the Job ID 40042315 BC 11/15 2.