Job Positions: 6
PierianDx India, a wholly owned subsidiary of PierianDx, US, a respected name in the clinical genomics space, is currently seeking a talented and motivated clinical biocurator professional. This individual will collect and integrate data from scientific literature published by clinical and human genome research groups.
- Masters degree in bioinformatics, molecular biology, genetics or biotechnology
- Technical understanding in genetics, genomics of human disease and molecular biology.
- Good understanding of genomic databases and their annotations (For example: GenBank, RefSeq, ENSEMBL, dbSNP etc).
- An understanding of bioinformatics analysis to identify variants within genomic data sets is desirable.
- Some experience with analysing large genomic data sets and exposure to Next Generation Sequencing tools/data will be a plus.
- Proficiency in communicating an understanding of genetics details
- An enthusiastic can-do mentality, a dedicated team-worker, having good verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience as an experimental scientist is a big plus.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Collect and integrate data from scientific literature published by clinical and human genome research groups.
- Evaluating peer-reviewed experimental research for annotation.
- Documenting the effects of genomic variants and the association with disease, using controlled vocabularies, ontologies and established guidelines.
- Maintain specifications and monitor day-to-day operations of the literature searching and triage pipelines and various error-checking processes.
Interested candidates should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org