Job: Biostatistician / Bioinformatition experienced in population genetics and health
Location: Frome, Somerset, UK
Type: Permanent, 3-5 year funding secured with option to extend
Candidate: An individual with a relevant PHD or those with MA and relevant industry experience
DNA Worldwide Group are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our company in a hands on manner. The key task is developing, managing, and programming scalable bioinformatics pipelines to infer human ancestry and health-related information from SNP data.
You will work closely with leading academic partners to evolve algorithms that have been developed to calculate genetic ancestry. Part of these methods and processes are unique and highly specialised offering a unique picture on individuals' genetic history. Both for ancestry and health trait determination, the position will also involve identification, selection and implementation of public and proprietary methods, as well as mining of genetic data.
This is a commercial position where you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the various pipelines, database and data management, as well as programming and development of new features.
You'll be member of a great academic and commercial team, including biologists, bioinformaticians, marketing staff and managers. In addition to commercial aspects and being an essential part of an exciting development with public awareness, you will also have the opportunity to scientifically publish in collaboration with leading universities.
A candidate with skills in interfacing and project management who has 2+ years working experience would be great a great fit.
Essential Technical experience needed:
- Experience with Statistical analysis (ideally in R)
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Experience of writing computer scripts (Perl, Python, the linux shell)
- Working knowledge and interest in Statistical Genetics
Nice to have
- Programming Experience in mid-level languages such as C, C++, Java
- High performance Computing, such as Amazon Web Services
- Management and Statistical Analysis of Big Data
- Web development such as PHP, HTML
- Working and knowledge of R Studio
- Prior working with human population genetics and ancestry inference
Please apply online through: https://dnaworldwide.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=d64b7abb-9f92-42f2-87ac-d41751bdae0f