The High School of Engineering and Management of Vaud Canton www.heig-vd.ch) offers bachelor and master courses HES in engineering and business economics, as well as postgraduate courses.
With over 2,000 student-e-s, it is the largest school in the University of Applied Sciences Western Switzerland www.hes-so.ch).
His applied research and development activities are conducted in its 12 institutes.
Senior Bioinformatics Developer
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated and interested in working with software in a fast evolving research environment to support the advance of biomarker discovery tools. The selected candidate will interact with the project's partner SimplicityBio www.simplicitybio.com), a promising Start-up in the field of biomarker discovery.
She/He will be responsible for the following tasks :
- Implement, document, and unit-test software for biomarker discovery and variable selection
- Follow best practices for software version control, testing, and release engineering. Demonstrate sensitivity to end-user needs, in the design of user interface and application workflow
- Present technical and analytical status in weekly meetings
- Integrate and analyse data from disparate public, commercial and proprietary sources
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related programming field. A degree in one or more of the following domains is an asset: computational biology, computational chemistry, bioinformatics and clinical informatics
Three years of experience in bioinformatics software development with applications to biomedical research, preferably in the area of biomarker discovery
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Computational/programming skills in languages such as C++, Python, R, Matlab, Java, and Perl
- Some experience with AWS, preferably building scalable and distributed applications
- Proven experience in designing scientific (web and thick) applications along with experience in developing scientific data visualization solutions
- Experience in producing code documentation
- Exposure to statistical analysis of large datasets
Ability to handle and prioritize multiple software requirements
Ability to function independently and solve technically complex problems
Ability to perform data wrangling, statistical analysis, and plotting in R and/or python
Familiarity with biological data repositories such as the UCSC Genome Browser, NCBI, 1000 genomes, COSMIC, TCGA
Willing to travel for project meetings and conferences
English language essential (written & spoken)
Rate of activity : 100%
Starting date : 1st April 2016 or by arrangement
Duration of contract : 1 year
Contact: Carlos Andrès Peña, Professor, +41 24 557 62 96
Please apply by using this link http://www.jobup.ch/fr/emploi/1200571/senior-bioinformatics-developer/