The EPFL Blue Brain Project (BBP), situated on the Campus Biotech in Geneva, Switzerland, applies advanced neuroinformatics, data analytics, high-performance computing and simulation-based approaches to the challenge of understanding the structure and function of the mammalian brain in health and disease. The BBP plays a leading role in the Human Brain Project, which aims to accelerate our understanding of the human brain, enable advances in defining and diagnosing brain disorders, and develop new brain-like technologies through open science and global collaboration. The Blue Brain Project has recently released the first version of the Neuroinformatics Platform, which serves as the Human Brain Project’s search engine for distributed data, curated data repositories, brain atlases, data integration and brain research knowledge management.
We are now seeking to fill the following position:
Section Manager - Neuroinformatics Platform
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead and manage the Neuroinformatics Platform team
- In collaboration with the Head of Neuroinformatics, define and implement the Neuroinformatics Platform roadmap in accordance to the project objectives
- Lead and implement the platform projects
- Coordinate and ensure communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Guarantee an appropriate technical environment, design an implementation of the platform in accordance with the project objectives and deliverables
- Participate in research for fundings and grant management
- Support the coordination of the European projects
- Participate in writing and reviewing of scientific reports
Experience and preferred skills:
- Strong project and team management skills and experience
- Technical expertise in software development
- Experience in integration and analysis of biological data
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- PhD in Bioinformatics or equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience in Project management using Agile methodology
- English written and spoken, French would be a plus.
What we offer:
- An internationally visible and rising project in simulation-based research in neuroscience
- A young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and international working environment
- A modern working environment, based at the Biotech Campus in Geneva Sécheron
Start date: as soon as possible ; Activity rate: 100%; Deadline for application : until position is filled Duration of contract: 1 year, renewable, possibility for a CDI after 1 year. Ref: BBP13101
Applicants should submit a cover letter and a detailed CV in PDF format only, with file name “Surname_position applied to _Cover Letter” and “Surname_position applied to _CV” electronically to email@example.com. Please use the position title and the reference in the “subject” field.