The Center of Translational Genomics and Bioinformatics (CTGB) is seeking a profile in collaboration with the Pathogenesis and Therapy of Primary Immunodeficiencies unit at SR-TIGET.
The role will involve:
- analysis of NGS data, with a focus on Exome Sequencing and Targeted Resequencing data for the identification of genes involved in Primary Immunodeficiencies
- analysis of viral integration sites with NGS-based approaches
- generation of hypothesis and ideas
- participation to lab meetings and scientific discussions
- writing of relevant papers
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in molecular biology, bioinformatics or related field, with appropriate experience. Knowledge of software used to process NGS data is essential. Experience in programming in Python or other high-level language will be a plus.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and capable of working both independently and within a closely interacting team of scientists.
Good English, written and oral is absolutely required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The appointment of yearly duration and will be renewed yearly, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
CTGB is part of San Raffaele Hospital in Milan, Italy, one of the largest research hospitals in Europe. CTGB is a multidisciplinary group focused on analysis of genomics, transcriptomics and epigenomics of disease to achieve better diagnosis and cure.