We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Computational and Statistical Genomics Group at the University of California Riverside.
The postdoctoral fellow will focus on developing computational and statistical methods for big data problems motivated from genomics and epigenomics. Possible research topics include modeling the 3D chromatin architecture using Hi-C data, integrating chromatin structure with ChIP-seq, RNA-seq and other functional genomics assays, and studying the interplay between genome architecture and gene regulation. The research will be carried out in collaboration with a variety of research groups at the University of California, Riverside and elsewhere. For more information, please check out our website at http://faculty.ucr.edu/~wenxiu/openings.html.
The initial appointment will be for one year, with the potential for annual extensions on mutual consent. The position includes a generous benefits package. Starting date is flexible. Visa sponsorship is available for non-US candidates.
Required Skills: An ideal candidate would have:
- a recently completed PhD degree in related area (computer science, statistics, biostatistics, applied mathematics, computational biology, bioinformatics)
- strong training in quantitative modeling (machine learning, Bayesian inference, etc.) or computational genomics experiences (high-throughput sequence analysis, etc.)
- proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, C/C++, Java, Matlab, or R)
- a track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals
- good spoken and written communication skills
About UCR: The University of California at Riverside, located in the Inland Empire region of Southern California, is close to Los Angeles and San Diego. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Postdoctoral fellows at the University of California are represented by a labor union.
To Apply: Interested applicants should submit a CV, a brief research statement, and contact information of three references to email@example.com.