At Healx we're recruiting a Biostatistician / Bioinformatician to work on drug response prediction at our fast growing, funded startup company. Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Location: Mount Pleasant House, Cambridge, UK
Salary: A competitive compensation package including share options, subject to experience
Start date: Immediate start preferred
Healx is an award winning Cambridge based biotechnology company committed to radically reducing the time it takes to deliver novel drug treatments into clinical practice. Healx is currently implementing disruptive drug response and repurposing technologies to improve therapeutic choice for patients with rare diseases. A unique opportunity has arisen for a motivated computational biologist to join the bioinformatics team and extend Healx’s portfolio of personalised medicine and drug repositioning capabilities.
You will be responsible for developing and implementing machine learning algorithms and statistical methods that predict the likelihood of a patient responding positively to an approved therapeutic agent. You will also contribute to the mathematical underpinning of our drug repurposing algorithms.
Skills and experience
You will be an experienced biostatistician, mathematician, computational scientist or bioinformatician with a proven track record of innovative algorithm development, and strong data analytics background.
- Postgraduate qualification in a mathematical discipline with biological application, including bioinformatics or computational biology
- Experience in data modelling, modern regression approaches, network analysis and statistical inference
- Accomplished user of statistical programming languages, ideally R and Python
- Experience working with genomic data types, for example RNA-seq, microarray gene expression, and genetic variation data
- Experience working with clinical data types, for example therapeutic compound data, medical disorders, patient histories, and outcome data
We are looking for passionate developers, engineers and scientists who are keen to contribute novel ideas and help us rapidly expand. Healx will provide you with the support and guidance to help you do your best work and make an impact. To apply, please send an email with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com.
Further information is available at https://healx.io
We're also recruiting a natural language processing engineer to work on biomedical text mining.