We are seeking two motivated postdoctoral researchers to join our lab at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. Our lab specializes in large-scale analysis of complex genomics data and has extensive expertise in analyzing non-coding variation from whole genome sequencing data. We have access to rich genomic data through close collaborations with clinical investigators at the institute.
For further information visit our website weinholdlab.org or contact Nils Weinhold directly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Positions are open to international applicants.
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or related field
- Interest in cancer biology and genomics
- Experience analyzing NGS data
- Proficiency in R, MATLAB, or other programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, etc.)
- Solid understanding of molecular biology
- Experience with cloud computing/compute cluster environments is a plus
- Experience with TCGA/1000 Genomes/ENCODE or other genomics data is a plus
- Develop computational methods to analyze and integrate various genomics data types
- Use existing tools and pipelines to analyze large-scale cancer genomics data (whole genome/exome, RNA-Seq, CHiP-Seq, etc.)
- Communicate research findings to collaborators and the scientific community at large
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center is consistently ranked as one of the leading cancer center in the world. Our main campus occupies three city blocks in the heart of New York City, next to The Rockefeller University and Weill Cornell Medicine. Within this tri-institutional research and education community, postdocs can cultivate rewarding collaborations and participate in a rich agenda of academic, professional, and social events. Compensation is highly competitive and includes health insurance and other benefits.