Data Scientist (post-doctoral fellow or staff scientist)
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA
Bunyavanich Lab, Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology
The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City is seeking a talented, self-motivated individual to participate in cutting edge research as a member of the Bunyavanich Lab (http://bunyavanich.org) at the Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology (http://icahn.mssm.edu/research/genomics) The successful applicant will be part of an interdisciplinary team led by Supinda Bunyavanich, MD, MPH that applies computational analysis and bioinformatics to interpret multi-scale data generated from subjects with asthma and allergic diseases.
- Analyze high throughput sequence and array data generated from clinical cohorts.
- Develop and implement statistical methods to analyze these data for genetic risk, disease mechanism, and drug
response. Projects may include network construction and mining.
- Maintain complex next generation sequence and array datasets linked to clinical data.
- Communicate progress with PI regularly and contribute to the success of the research team.
- Develop and maintain productive collaborations within Mount Sinai and with outside researchers in academia and industry.
- Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
- Some supervision of trainees and technical staff may also be required.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field.
- Outstanding programming skills in R, Perl, Python, Java, C++, and Unix shell scripting.
- Excellent track record of analyzing next generation sequencing data. Experience with clinical cohorts a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of biostatistics and statistical genetics. Familiarity with genomic data tools, repositories, and databases.
- Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Ability to work hard and independently while contributing to the team effort and adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with track record of productive collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to work concurrently on several projects, and good understanding of analytic complexities to do independent research as well as assist other researchers.
As soon as possible
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to Dr. Supinda Bunyavanich (Supinda.Bunyavanich at mssm.edu).