Let me show you my new application in development: CuteVariant.
This a Qt C++/GUI application to filter and display VCF file. Actually this is an alpha preview. I didn't publish any release but the source code is avaible.
If you know snpSift and variant-tools, I mixed features comming from both.
- Load raw VCF or annotated VCF file ( tested with snpSift and VEP )
- Parse the VCF file and save datas into SQLITE database
- Select annotation and genotype columns datas
- Filter with a condition tree
- Store Views
- Sort & group variants ( by transcript .. )
- Type your own query using a "variant query language" ( looks like sql / snpSift export)
Next Feature comming soon :
- Set operation (child - (father & mother))
- Open variant with custom http query ( IGV, varsome, UCSC ... )
- Statistics charts
- And many more ...
Video preview on Youtube ==> https://youtu.be/h8sSQa-WSmI