About the position
We are seeking computational biologists excited about applying their expertise, passion, and creativity to improve the lives of people with serious diseases. Working in close collaboration with your Immuneering colleagues and with world-class R&D teams at leading pharmaceutical companies, you will join an intense and highly iterative effort to facilitate the development of new medicines for diseases including neurodegeneration and cancer. You will see projects through from start to finish: experimental design, analysis of raw data, identifying biological mechanisms, refining and testing hypotheses, and publishing and presenting the findings. Candidates should have PhD or postdoctoral experience elucidating biological insight from RNA-Seq or other genomic data and/or applying statistical and machine learning methodologies to genomic data. Experience with CNS or neurodegenerative disease, or with the drug development process, is a plus.
- Analyze data such as gene expression, SNPs, NGS (RNA-Seq, exome, and whole genome sequencing), proteomic data, and clinical metadata
- Apply statistical insights to develop innovative analysis methods and algorithms for biological data
- Collaborate with colleagues to solve complex computational research problems Interpret data from a biological and clinical perspective
- Present scientific material (written and oral) to diverse audiences
- PhD in Computational Biology, Statistics, or a related field (i.e., Biology, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience) or 5+ years of work experience at a leading computational biology focused institution
- Experience working with RNA-Seq, microarray, SNP, exome, or whole genome sequencing data
- Proven ability to work independently as well as contribute to larger initiatives
- Strong experience in scientific communication, excellent writing and presentation skills
- Extensive experience working in R or a similar language
Immuneering collaborates with world-class R&D teams at leading pharmaceutical companies, applying biological insights gleaned from genomic data to the development of medicines that improve patients’ lives. Headquartered in Cambridge, MA with a second office in NYC, Immuneering is a rapidly growing company with nine years of experience analyzing data sets including: gene expression (microarray and RNA-Seq), single-nucleotide polymorphism (SNP), proteomics, clinical metadata, exome sequencing, and whole genome sequencing. Using these data sets, Immuneering captures difficult-to-find signals, generates biological hypotheses, and designs follow up studies, contributing to the development of medicines for patients with neurodegeneration and other CNS diseases, cancer, autoimmune disorders, and other serious diseases. We combine the fun, flexible, and collaborative setting of a startup with industry-level compensation and stability, all in a scientific environment most akin to a well-run academic lab. For more information, please visit www.immuneering.com.
If interested and qualified, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are seeking full-time candidates, but may have part-time consulting roles available under the right circumstances (please specify in your email message).