Overview of the company
Nuritas™ is a Dublin-based biotech company revolutionizing the discovery of novel and natural active ingredients with scientifically proven health benefits. Our disruptive approach to discovery provides access to the most health-benefiting components within foods by combining artificial intelligence and DNA analysis to data-mine billions of molecules.
Overview of role:
We are recruiting for Computational Biologist/Bioinformatician(x3) with an in-depth understanding of biological data and advanced experience in statistics, big data analysis (including machine learning), or other similar fields.
Responsibilities to include: • Integrate pathway analysis tools and machine learning techniques into existing data analysis workflows (Profile 3) • Develop bioinformatics software tools, Interpreting and integrating large scale biological data (Profile 1,2,3) • Build rigorous statistical models for ingredient discovery and validation workflow (Profile 1,2,3) • Optimise and automate data extraction and integration (Profile 1,2,3) • Propose an implement quality control and data quality monitoring procedures (Profile 1,2,3) • Update job knowledge and remain current with advances in biology, computer science and bioinformatics (Profile 1,2,3)
Qualifications & Experience
• Strong background in molecular and cellular biology
• Experienced in structural bioinformatics
• Familiar with molecular dynamics simulations
• Familiar with protein-protein interaction modelling and ligand-receptor Interaction modelling in particular
• Familiar with structural alignment techniques
• Familiar with big biological data mining techniques
• Experienced with high-throughput functional genomics data
• Experienced with of gene regulation mechanisms and gene expression and Transcriptome data analysis
• Experienced with high performance computing
• Experienced in the analysis of complex biological systems such as molecular networks and signalling pathways
• Experienced in the analysis of large-scale changes in cellular processes in response to external stimuli and alterations.
• Experienced with big biological data mining
• Familiar with standardized representations of biological data (BioPAX, SBGN) • Familiar with software tools to visualize and analyse biological networks
Experience for all roles:
• M.S. required (PhD preferred) in mathematics or computer science. Experience with biological data including any omics (extra degree in a biological field is appreciated).
• 6+ years’ experience in biological software and algorithm development. Experience in artificial intelligence (including machine learning algorithms) or Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that provides the individual with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. • Candidates who were part of inventing/coding recognised publicly available bioinformatics or chemistry software are highly desired
Required Technical Skills • Algorithmic and Machine Learning techniques (examples include artificial neural networks, boosting, random forests, clustering…) • Programming: OOP and scripting in many languages (python is a big plus) • Statistics and R programming • An understanding of standard bioinformatics tools (protein databases, alignments…)
Appreciated Technical Skills • Skills in network administration and security (linux) • Basic understanding of Subversion • Databases (SQL) and Django framework
Competencies • Hard worker • Ability to work on big projects as part of a team • Good organisation and optimisation of working environment • Ability to manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines • Natural ability to problem-solve • Good communication skills, both written and verbal are required • Ability to communicate with experimental biologists, computer scientists and non-scientists
How to apply
Solve our fun problem at http://nuritas.peptify.com:8080/job_test/test?id=Bioinformatician_01 and follow the steps to apply for this role