The Center for Personalized Diagnostics (CPD) at the University of Pennsylvania is seeking bioinformaticians.
A qualified candidate will be strongly motivated individual with following qualifications:
- Ph.D. or Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational or physical sciences or a related field with at least 1 year of practical experience in next-generation sequencing data analysis.
- Solid programming and debugging skills in Python, or other high-level programming environments.
- Experience in Illumina sequencing data and bioinformatics pipelines.
- Experience in the use of bioinformatics software, packages, and databases, preferably in the cancer genomics area.
- Familiarity with build systems, version control and other standard development tools.
- Proficiency in shell programming and high performance cluster computing.
- Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of SQL and/or nonSQL databases (MongoDB or other) is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and a team environment of a rapidly evolving genomic diagnostic center.
- Excellent time management as well as oral and written communication skills. Good organizational skills.
Contact Ashkan Bigdeli (Ashkan.Bigdeli@uphs.upenn.edu). Further information and the instruction to apply can be found at https://goo.gl/S9my41 or at www.pennmedicine.org/careers under Job ID #: 64595