The laboratories of Dr Anthony Bosco and Dr Parwinder Kaur have a joint opening for a postdoctoral position in computational systems biology. The position is part of a larger effort to establish a competitive personalised medicine program at the Telethon Kids Institute.
The postdoc will be involved in developing and applying state of the art computational approaches for genomic data analysis, data integration, network inference, and personalised risk stratification. A strong focus of the position will be to identify the molecular states that underpin phenotypic states, and make predictions about actionable possibilities to push biological systems between opposing molecular states in a directed manner. A broad range of genomic data sets will be available for analysis, including Hi-C, whole genomic sequencing, whole exome sequencing, epigenetic profiles, transcriptomics, single cell transcriptomics, metabolomics, and microbiome data. Data will be generated from diverse experimental settings, including experimental human, mouse, and rat models, birth cohort studies, human clinical trials, and experimental perturbations. The position represents an exciting opportunity to work at the crossroads between basic science and clinical practice. The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to be part of a multidisciplinary team comprised of biologists, molecular biologists, clinicians, statisticians, mathematicians, and computational biologists. The successful candidate should have:
- A PhD in a relevant subject area (e.g Computational Biology, Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics) and a background in programming and command line UNIX/ Linux
- Experience in the analysis of next generation sequencing data
- The following traits: creative, ambitious, enthusiastic, self-motivated, proactive, passionate, reliable, hard-working, good writing and communication skills.
- At least one publication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with supercomputing clusters would be advantageous
This is a Full time/Fixed term role for 1 year with the possibility of extension. Remuneration package includes access to generous salary packaging.