The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. IMB focuses on epigenetics, DNA repair and developmental biology and offers premium scientific core facilities (see www.imb-mainz.de/core-facilities)
The Bioinformatics Core Facility supports the IMB researchers in high-throughput data processing, analysis, visualisation and interpretation, as well as by providing IT infrastructure, software training and consulting services. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Bioinformatician (m/f) with enthusiasm for academic research to join our team as a staff scientist.
• Contribute to the development of bioinformatics workflows and pipelines
• Support the IMB scientists in the processing, analysis, interpretation and publication of transcriptomic and epigenomic next-generation sequencing (NGS) data
• Analyse and integrate various “omics” datasets for solving complex scientific questions
• Provide bioinformatics consulting and software training to junior researchers
• University degree or postgraduate training in bioinformatics / computational biology
• Extensive experience in the computational analysis of NGS datasets
• Familiarity with Linux environment, version control and compute clusters
• Solid programming skills and knowledge of statistical methods
• Profound experience with R / Bioconductor for omics data analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects in parallel
• Knowledge of software engineering and bioinformatics workflows
• Experience in interdisciplinary collaborations or bioinformatics services
• Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
• Flexible working hours and advanced training opportunities
• Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should be in English and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. CFBI012 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: 10th January 2018
Starting date: Early 2018 with an initial contract for 2 years and the option of permament employment.